- A child will be considered for acceptance into the school only after (i) the enrollment form has been completed in full, and (ii) all post-dated cheques for the full year and the last month’s pre-paid fees (full year payment) have been submitted with the enrollment forms. (A child is considered accepted into the school only upon confirmation from the school.)
- All new applicants must pay a registration fee that is not refundable for any reason after acceptance has been confirmed.
- With all methods of payment, the last month’s fee is due at the time of registration or re-enrollment. There is no refund on the last month’s pre-paid fee for any reason, nor is the last month’s fee deductible from any other fees.
- All post-dated cheques must be dated the first of each payable month and are due to be cashed the first of each payable month without exception. No cheques will be held over until a further date for any reason whatsoever.
- Written notice of a student’s withdrawal must be received one month prior to the intended date of withdrawal. There will be no refund of the registration fee, incidental fees (such as the technology fee, book fee and the PA fee) or the last month’s pre-paid fee (June). The last month’s fee (June) cannot be applied to any other month. The last balance of the fees from the date of withdrawal will be returned.
- There are no pro-rated refunds for mid-month withdrawals.
- There are no refunds for holidays, sick days, snow days, field trips, or days missed for any other reason throughout the school year.
- If a parent changes the hours of a child, either increasing or decreasing hours, the change in fee structure will be governed by the schedule of fees in effect at the time of the change and not by the fee structure paid at the time the parent registered the child.
- A charge of $25.00 will be levied against all NSF cheques returned for any reason.
- In the case of three (3) or more NSF cheques in the school year or should fees remain outstanding five (5) days after the due date (i.e., the first day of the month), the school reserves the right to cancel enrollment and to take whatever action it deems necessary to collect such overdue accounts.
- A late pickup charge is applied at the rate of $1.00 per minute after 6:00 pm (or at any time that a teacher has to remain beyond established hours to care for a child due to a late parent). Charges will be levied against parents who are regularly more than 15 minutes late for 12:00 noon pick-up. Exceptions are made during inclement weather and other emergencies.
- Transportation to and from the school is the responsibility of the parents/guardians.
- A child will only be considered for admission if he/she is at least two (2) by the December of the current year. Children entering UMS at age three (3) or higher must also be toilet trained.
- Classroom placements will be made in consultation with faculty to ensure an optimal learning environment for all students, taking into account academic, learning, and developmental needs. Parent requests will not be considered unless under extenuating circumstances.
- Unionville Montessori School reserves the right to accept or reject this application and also to request the withdrawal of a child, if it is in the opinion of the Director and/or Principal that this action is to the benefit of the child or the class as a whole.
- Unionville Montessori School reserves the right to make such rules and regulations in the operation of the school as it deems appropriate and it is a condition of acceptance that these rules and regulations be observed.
- Unionville Montessori School reserves the right to change fees at any time.
- In the event there is an unanticipated prolonged school closure (a closure that is over a seven (7) days in length) due to the Covid-19 global pandemic, inclement weather, war, famine, or any other such acts of God, Unionville Montessori School may conduct lessons virtually with teaching students online. No refunds or discounted fees will be provided for unanticipated closures less than seven (7) days in length and/or while online teaching occurs.
- Unionville Montessori School reserves the right to alter the policies and procedures of the school at any time, includes the right to change the dress code, drop-off and pick up times, any policies and procedures related to the Covid-19 Pandemic as well as any other such policies and procedures as the School may require.